Norman Park, QLD
The conversation quickly turned into a discussion about how the kitchen could be updated, new furniture selections for the living areas, window treatments for privacy etc.
I provided some recommendations to address the immediate concerns, but also offered a bigger picture vision for the property which included:
- Restumping the house renovating the kitchen
- bathrooms (main and en-suite), upstairs powder room,
- downstairs powder room, laundry,
- refinishing the timber floors,
- reconfiguration of master bedroom walk-in robe replacing carpets,
- repainting the interior,
- selecting suitable window coverings,
- replacing security screens and some doors,
- furnishing and decorating the entire house (only 2 pieces of the clients original artwork, were used in the final product. All the original furniture was donated to RIZEUP – a cause I support – www.rizeup.com.au)
- updating and reconfiguring lighting, ceiling fans and power points
- After some deliberation (and a few stiff drinks I am sure), Kellie and Mark decided that the bigger picture was the way to go, rather than just band aiding the issues with minor cosmetic changes.